Spitta is on his grind and releases his latest work New Jet City. I only listened to 3 tracks with Jada, Juicy and Wiz/Ross and I already know I’ll be hooked on this for 2013, even T James got a guest spot. I love this cover art of ol’ Nawlins #Jetlife.
Archive for the New Jawn Exclusive Category
After 2 excruciating weeks the Philadelphia Eagles have got their man. They interviewed 12 potential candidates and they were running out of options. Everything changed this morning when Jeffrey Lurie and Howie Roseman decided to give Chip Kelly total control over personnel and draft picks. Chip gladly reconsidered the offer and accepted.
Eagles’ fans should be happy with their new coach as he will turn the most predictable offense in the NFL into an exciting product. Chip runs a fast paced offense that has been admired by Bill Belichick and many other NFL coaches. We can say goodbye to fat Andy and his workbelt and welcome in the visor as Kelly’s go to head piece. Kelly is 49 years old and single, what does this mean? Kelly has no distractions in is life and he can focus on football unlike our previous coach who’s family drama got the best of him.
I’m excited for his draft picks, the possibility of returning to the Kelly Green jerseys and an explosive offense that rarely huddles. His plane lands at 7:37pm tonight and I’m considering taking some signs down to PHL.
After a much heated debate in the New Jawn office, we are pleased to announce that @iamjennashea has won New Jawn of the Year. She met all criteria for our hottest babe; huge ass, great tits, slim waist, cute face. She has been hustling her web cam bizz and I’m sure she’s making grip from her “One night with Jenna” dating jawns. There are a ton of hot video vixens in this game but Jenna is 2012. Follow her twitter to get more pics like this.
Visuals are already coming out for soundtracks to Quinton Tarantino’s new flick The Man With Iron Fist. As you can from this weeks posts we here at the corporate New Jawn offices are very excited for this film. Tarantino on the cine, Rza on the kung fu/hip hop score and my main nigg Russell Crowe on the schtick. I kinda wish Russell Brand was involved somehow, maybe food catering behind the scenes.
New York – “A shooting and subsequent gun battle at the Empire State Building in New York killed two people and wounded at least nine others Friday, authorities said.The shooter was one of the two killed, investigators said. They identified him as Jeffrey Johnson, 53, who was laid off last year and apparently killed a former co-worker Friday morning.A construction worker followed the suspect and alerted officers. The suspect, using a .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun, then fired on police and they returned fire, killing him, said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.Most of the injuries apparently occurred during the exchange of gunfire, and some may have been hit by shots fired by police officers, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.”
Johnson had worked as a designer of women’s accessories at Hazan Imports, police said.
Witnesses said police shot the man at least three times.
“It’s just a crazy scene here,” said Rebecca Fox, who works across the street from the famous skyscraper. She said she had been getting coffee with her headphones on when she saw people running.
Fox said she saw a woman who had been shot near a brewery, as well as blood splattered on the sidewalk.
One witness — 22-year-old Max Kaplan — said he heard at least nine shots and saw ambulances race to the scene.
“We’re all very shaken up at the office,” he said.
Aaron Herman, a CNN iReporter, painted a portrait of confusion.
“It was a little chaotic, police had barricaded the area and I saw one woman who was a victim, I think she had been grazed,” he said. “Some said they heard around three ‘pops’ and ran into nearby local stores to be safe. “The White House said top aides told President Barack Obama about the shooting around 9:30 a.m. The shooting does not appear to be linked to terrorism, authorities said.
Chad Ochocinco is one lucky fuck to have recently married this Boricua Queen. Evelyn was born in the BK raised in the Bronx and moved to MIA in 2007. She starred in the reality show Basketball Wives that documented the courtship between Eve and Cinco. Before Chad, Eve was engaged to NBA hood rat Antoine Walker. She looks good from all angles, little cleat chaser.
If there is any record label as a collective that I would let DJ my birthday BBQ it would be these geniuses. Not only am I a fellow Quaker myself but I love medicinal music. Peep the new podcast by the “friends” and impress your girlfriend with some hand picked jams from the Stones Throw crew.
- “Juicy” from Ready To Die
- “Player’s Anthem” featuring Junior M.A.F.I.A. from Conspiracy
- “Brooklyn’s Finest” featuring Jay-Z from Reasonable Doubt
- “Gimme The Loot” from Ready To Die
- “Kick In The Door” from Life After Death
- “Live Freestyle from 1995″ featuring 2Pac
- “Who Shot Ya”
- “Freestyle over C.R.E.A.M.” featuring The LOX from 60 Minutes Of Funk, Vol. 2
- “Warning” from Ready To Die
- “Victory” featuring Puff Daddy & Busta Rhymes from No Way Out
- “Notorious Thugz featuring Bone Thugz & Harmony from Life After Death
- “Ten Crack Commandments” from Life After Death
- “Dead Wrong” featuring Eminem from Born Again
- “Party & Bullshit”
- “One More Chance (Hip Hop Remix) from One More Chance 12″
- “Mo Money, Mo Problems” from Life After Death
- “I Got A Story To Tell” from Life After Death
- “Big Poppa” from Ready To Die
- “Sky’s The Limit” featuring 112 from Life After Death
- “Suicidal Thoughts” from Ready To Die
- “You’re Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You) from Life After Death
- “Some Nights Intro” by fun.
- “One Engine” by The Decemberists
- “Hands And Faces” by The Used
- “Disparate Youth” by Santigold
- “Do Ya Thing” by Gorillaz feat. Andre 3000 & James Murphy
- “RoadGame” by Kavinsky
- “I Fink U Freeky” by Die Antwoord
- “Express Yourself” by Diplo feat. Nicky Da B
- “Rella” by Odd Future
- “Rack City (Remix)” by Tyga feat. Wale, Fabolous, Meek Mill, Young Jeezy, & T.I.
- “Roman Reloaded” by Nicki Minaj feat. Lil Wayne
- “I’m On 2.0″ by Trae Tha Truth feat. Big KR.I.T., J. Cole, Jadakiss, Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B., Tyga, Bun B, & Gudda Gudda
- “Hands Up” by Sheek Louch feat. Ghostface Killah
- “Albert Pujols” by Wale feat. Rick Ross & Fabolous
- “Nothing To Worry About” by Action Bronson
- “Climax” by Usher
For the good of the blog, I had to. What’s up with that fine white people hair? Sources close to me on the couch are saying that “it will fall out and then become nappy….eventually”. Even though I hate dissing Jigga for his Joe Camel face swag….this baby is pretty damn cute. What is the under/over on her first record deal? I’m saying 10 years old.
The bearded and flanneled came out in packs last night to the Irvine Auditorium at the University of Penn. Jeff Mangum performed plenty of the classic Neutral Milk Hotel material that most of never thought we’d experience live. The set included all of the gems off In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and some tracks from NMH’s other releases. Thanks to R5 Productions for ensuring that Philly got to see a Mangum show locally rather than traveling to NY or DC. The venue may not have served booze, but it was a great selection for a show of this kind. Footage of the show is likely limited, but we managed to capture a couple tracks for those who weren’t able to attend the almost instantly sold out show. Check out Jeff performing “The King Of Carrot Flowers” in its entirely down below and there’s another you might like over here.
It’s too hard to pick the best songs of a year, so instead we’ve put together a little End of Year Mixtape recapping some of our favorite tracks of 2011, along with a little filler to help make this collection something you can knock at your New Year’s Eve party or back at the crib warming up on New Year’s Day. No doubt 2011 had plenty of good tunes in all genres. Here’s some choice nuggets from New Jawn.
- “Original Don” by Major Lazer feat. The Partysquad
- “Save The World” by Swedish House Mafia
- “Where Have You Been” by Rihanna
- “Beautiful People” by Benny Benassi feat. Chris Brown
- “All Of The Lights (Remix)” by Pretty Lights feat. Kanye West
- “Midnight City” by M83
- “Better Off Dead” by The Sounds
- “Til The World Ends” by Britney Spears
- “E.T. (Remix) by Katy Perry feat. Kanye West
- “Niggas In Paris” by Jay-Z & Kanye West
- “Ima Boss” by Meek Mill feat. Rick Ross
- “She Will” by Lil Wayne feat. Drake
- “The Life Of The Party” by The Weeknd
- “Motivation” by Kelly Rowland feat. Lil Wayne
- “I’m On One” by DJ Khaled feat. Lil Wayne, Drake, & Rick Ross
- “Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay” by Big Sean feat. Kanye West
- “Give Me Everything (Tonight)” by Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo & Nayer
- “The Night Out” by Martin Solveig feat. Thomas Mars
- “We Are Young” by fun. feat. Janelle Monae
- “Repatriated” by Handsome Furs
- “White Doves” by Young Empires
- “Hex Girlfriend” by Neon Indian
- “Abducted” by Cults
- “Taken For A Fool” by The Strokes
- “I Wanna Meet Dave Grohl” by Wavves
- “I Stand Alone” by Theophilus London
- “I’m Sorry We Lied” by Blood Orange
- “Too Late Too Far” by CANT
- “Lotus Flower” by Radiohead
- “Mirror” by Four Tet, Burial, & Thom Yorke
- “Future Starts Slow” by The Kills
- “Virgin” by Manchester Orchestra
- “We Are The Dead” by Does It Offend You, Yeah?
The Sounds were great last night and Union Transfer is officially the best spot to go see a show in Philly… besides Johnny Brenda’s, maybe. Maja Ivarsson could be one of the best lead singers in terms of her stage presence and how much she gets the fans into the show. To the guy in the front of the crowd who got his neck wrapped with her long legs, fuck you. She was doing her signature kicks and leading the sing-a-longs throughout the show last night. I only managed to capture footage of the opening track because even New Jawn had on their dancing shoes last night.
Chris Taylor and CANT also killed it last night. With the help of Dev Hynes on guitar and bass, along with a badass drummer, they played most of the tracks off Dreams Come True. Check out some footage of their set opener, “Too Late Too Far”. Definitely my favorite track on the album. Johnny Brenda’s is such a great venue.
The Blood Orange performance last night was pretty awesome. It made missing Lightspeed Champion kind of a distant memory. Dev Hynes was all up in the crowd, dressed in his usual bizarre get-up. He played all of the highlights from Coastal Grooves. I would have picked up some merch, but the trannie t-shirt just isn’t my style running around Boystown. I did manage to pick up the “Dinner”/”Bad Girls” 7″ though. Check out a 2-track performance of “I’m Sorry We Lied” and “Forget It”.
Method Man literally shut it down last night. As the headliner on the Smoker’s Club Tour, he delivers a killer set of classic Wu-Tang material. Meth always sounds perfect on stage, even when he’s all over the place climbing on speakers and shit. Check out the performance from the show last night at the Trocadero. Here’s “Method Man” and more over on the YouTube jawn.